Friday, February 22, 2013

cake batter rice crispy treats.

I made cake batter rice crispy treats for my sons class treat at school and they were amazing.  Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 3 Tbsp. butter
  • 40 regular sized-marshmallows
  • 1/3 cup yellow cake mix (the dry cake mix, not prepared into a batter!)
  • 6 cups crispy rice cereal
  • 1 (1.75 oz.) container of sprinkles
Method:
Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat and add marshmallows. Stir until they begin to melt, adding in (dry) cake mix one spoonful at a time so its combined. I measured out my cereal into a bowl and poured half the sprinkles in with the cereal and added to melted marshmallows (doing this will have the colors from the sprinkles run a little bit but tons easier to get out of the pan when the rice crispy treats are still warm. Press into a baking dish (any size will do, I used a 9x13) and top with how ever many sprinkles you like. Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting.

here is what mine looked like.  This pan is a huge pan and took 3 batches of rice crispy treats to fill it for my sons class.  I did get 30 treats from it though.


1 comment:

Blogging tips