Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Spinach and Cheese stuffed chicken breasts

We made spinach and cheese stuffed chicken breasts that were amazing.  My kids devoured them so I know that they were good.  Here is the recipe:

4- boneless skinless chicken breasts
1- 15 oz of ricotta cheese
1- 15 oz spinach
1 1/2 -cups egg beaters or egg whites
1- 24oz jar marinara sauce
1- cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2- cup Parmesan cheese
4- slices of preferred cheese
Mix ricotta cheese, spinach, 3 TBS of egg beaters and 1/4 Parmesan cheese in a bowl.  Have two separate bowls one for the remaining egg beaters and one for the Italian bread crumbs mixed with 1/4 Parmesan cheese.   I washed and dried my chicken breast and made a slit in the side to make a pocket for the spinach/cheese mixture.  After I stuffed the chicken breasts I dipped in the bowl of egg beaters then into the Parmesan/Italian bread crumb bowl and put coated chicken in a 9x13 greased pan.  Then I topped with the jar of marinara sauce and baked at 425* for about 45 min, until chicken was done.  When they were done I added a slice of cheese to the top and just let it melt. I did have some left over ricotta cheese mixture, it depends on how much you stuff your chicken breasts and how big your chicken breasts are as well.




Here is a picture of them in the pan. The bottom picture is on the plate with the broccoli salad.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips